July Garden Tips
- Time to mound up potatoes.
- Plant crops from seed for fall and winter harvesting.
- Early morning is the best time to water to reduce evaporation and disease pressure.
- Make sure to stake those tall bloomers before they get to top heavy.
- Watch for cutworm this time of year, and act fast if you find them.
- Don’t just inspect for pests, observe all the beneficial insects you have attracted to your garden this year and appreciate all the hard work they are doing so you don’t have to!