M T W T F S S2930311245678912131415161820212223252728124
Planting Tips February
- Start the season with sharp tools!
- Deciduous trees and shrubs are still dormant and can be transplanted. If you see new growth or bud swell it is too late.
- Mid month is a great time to start fertilizing evergreens, rhododendrons and azaleas with Holly Tone.
- You can start fertilizing deciduous shrubs with Plant Tone and roses with Rose Tone.
- Working the soil now will expose weeds and their seeds. Let the weather help get rid of them for you.
- It’s not too late for dormant spray.
- Perfect time cut back perennials that have wintered over
- Prune deciduous trees and shrubs
- Dormant spraying of fruit trees
- Excellent time turn the soil and expose those insect eggs to the effects of winter and birds
- Dust and mist those houseplants
- Feed the Birds!! They will appreciate it
- A little compost will help tender new plants